Chase Street Elementary One of Eight Georgia Schools Honored in Washington
The Clarke County school was designated a National Blue Ribbon School earlier this year.
Chase Street Elementary School received a plaque and a flag from U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan in Washington on Tuesday. The honors were in recognition of the school's status as a National Blue Ribbon School.
Chase Street was one of seven public and one private school in Georgia to receive the designation, which, according to a news release, "distinguishes and honors schools for helping students achieve at very high levels and for making significant progress in closing the achievement gap."
Here are the all the Georgia schools recognized:
- Chase Street Elementary, Clarke County
- Austell Intermediate School, Cobb County
- Kittredge Magnet, DeKalb County
- Crabapple Crossing, Fulton County
- Fairmount Elementary, Gordon County
- Simpson Elementary, Gwinnett County
- Britt David Elementary, Muscogee County
- First Presbyterian Day School (Middle School), Macon
You can learn more on the Blue Ribbon Schools website.