Invite a friend
Center for Active Living - Mind Your Muscle
Mind your Muscle supports collaboration of the mind, body, and spirit by combining Tai Chi, Yoga, and Pilates-style stretches and exercises to increase strength, balance, and flexibility. A strong emphasis is placed on controlled breathing and leaving participants feeling of centered and calm. The class is open to all participant levels; however, the class requires participants to be able to get up and down off the floor.
This class is $3 for CAL members. Pre-registration is required. Call (706) 549-4850 to sign up for the class and to sign up for CAL (Center for Active Learning). CAL requires a $25 annual membership fee.
More About Athens Community Council On Aging
The ACCA is nestled in a quiet part of the city. It exists to bring a greater awareness and understanding of aging to Athens. The ACCA hosts many events and volunteer programs. It also advocates for the rights of the aging Athens population. The ACCA is run by local volunteers to help the aging members of the 12 surrounding communities of Athens-Clarke.
Other events here
- CAL Newcomers Card Group Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:00 am–2:00 pm
- CAL Advanced Bridge Group Weekly on Wednesdays, 1:30 pm
- CAL Yoga with Edna Weekly on Wednesdays, 3:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Belle Hill Singers Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- On the Move Weekly on Thursdays, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Introduction to Line Dancing Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:00 pm–12:45 pm
- Smart Moves Weekly on Thursdays, 2:00 pm–3:00 pm
- CAL Yoga with Anna Weekly on Fridays, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- CAL Open Art Class Fri, May 24, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- UGArden Produce Stand Weekly on Mondays, 9:00 am–11:00 am