Invite a friend
Center for Active Living - On the Move
On the Move is a seated chair class that includes aerobic, strength and flexibility exercises. It is especially beneficial for those living with chronic conditions who need a low impact exercise program. Aerobic exercise combined with strength training has been proven to be the most effective exercise to lower blood sugar and help manage a variety of chronic conditions. Suitable for all ages and fitness levels.
This class is $5 for CAL members. Pre-registration is required. Call (706) 549-4850 to sign up for the class and to sign up for CAL (Center for Active Learning). CAL requires a $25 annual membership fee.
More About Athens Community Council On Aging
The ACCA is nestled in a quiet part of the city. It exists to bring a greater awareness and understanding of aging to Athens. The ACCA hosts many events and volunteer programs. It also advocates for the rights of the aging Athens population. The ACCA is run by local volunteers to help the aging members of the 12 surrounding communities of Athens-Clarke.
Other events here
- Introduction to Line Dancing Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:00 pm–12:45 pm
- Alzheimer's Support Group May 21, 2013 / June 18, 2013 / July 9, 2013 / August 20, 2013, 12:00 pm–1:00 pm
- CAL Intermediate Bridge Weekly on Tuesdays, 1:30 pm
- CAL Newcomers Card Group Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:00 am–2:00 pm
- CAL Advanced Bridge Group Weekly on Wednesdays, 1:30 pm
- CAL Yoga with Edna Weekly on Wednesdays, 3:00 pm–4:30 pm
- On the Move Weekly on Thursdays, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Belle Hill Singers Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- Smart Moves Weekly on Thursdays, 2:00 pm–3:00 pm
- CAL Yoga with Anna Weekly on Fridays, 10:00 am–11:30 am