Halloween should be a time of treats, not tragedies! Please observe the following tips to keep kids safe while trick-or-treating:
- Decorate your children's costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers, and choose light-colored costumes to improve visibility.
- Use non-toxic face paint and makeup instead of masks, which can obstruct a child's vision.
- Kids should not carry sticks, swords, or other sharp objects.
- Kids should carry glow sticks or flashlights in order to see better and be seen by drivers. Liquid in glow sticks is hazardous, so parents should remind children not to chew on or break them.
- Check treats for signs of tampering before allowing your children to eat them. Throw away any candy that is unwrapped or if the wrapper is faded or torn.