1. The will be at Bishop Park this morning from 8am-12pm. Musical guests are Tre Powell, from 8am-10am, and The Folk Society Band, from 10am-12pm. Lisa Slater of Everyday Indulgence will begin a cooking demonstration at 10am.
2. The is hosting an exhibition titled Kaunakes: Ghosts of Mesopotamia by artist and fabric design professor Glen Kaufman of UGA’s Lamar Dodd School of Art. Kaunakes are the woven wool cloaks of ancient humans.The exhibit closes tonight with a corresponding live performance of contemporary dance, choreographed by Andrea Trombetta, at 6:30pm. Trombetta will wear an original piece from her "Chime Dress Series" to act as a living sculpture.
3. The first Saturday of every month is Teen Night at . Enjoy rock climbing, pizza, music and more from 8pm-11pm. Admission is $15.
4. Ken Manring of is now serving some of Athens best pulled pork BBQ, chicken salad, and pimento cheese sandwiches on top of the . The restaurant is open 7 days a week, from 11am-2am, so you can grab a bite after hearing a show. To access the restaurant in the daytime, just hop on the elevator at the corner of Clayton and Lumpkin streets.
5. The Athens Area Arts Council and are looking for artwork influenced by domestic violence. The art will be on display at starting in October, and is intended to raise community awareness of the issues surrounding domestic violence. Artists should submit their work by September 23rd to be considered for the exhibit.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something