1. It’s Friday, and that means “It’s Friday” is on at 4pm. This weekly radio show, hosted by WUGA 91.7/97.9 FM, features a performance and conversation with local and visiting musicians. You can also see the show on University Cable, Channel 15. Today’s guests are Dodd Ferrelle and The Vestibules.
2. If you are in need of a new hobby or creative outlet, head over to tonight for the weekly class from 7pm-9pm. You will get the chance to learn about a variety of techniques using terra cotta clay, and your work will be painted with colored clay slips and a shiny, food-safe glaze. The cost is $20.
3. Bust a move at the Totally 80s Party with The Highballs tonight at The Melting Point. Dance your heart out to Madonna, Journey, The Bangles, Duran Duran and more favorites from the 80s. Doors open at 6pm for dinner and drinks and the dance party starts at 9pm.
4. Eat at this weekend, because they are donating 10% of their sales to the Georgia Theatre Rehabilitation Fund June 17-19.
5. The not only accepts Food Stamps (EBT), but doubles the dollar amount of their worth. So, if you use Food Stamps, come out this Saturday from 8am-12pm for an excellent deal on fresh, local and organic produce, dairy products. eggs and meat. This program is made possible by the charitable organization, Wholesome Wave.