Project Manager: Athens Sound City.
Duration: 4 months. October 2012 – end of January 2013.
Location: Athens, Georgia
Launching in January 2013, ‘Athens Sound is a two-day business conference aimed at the convergence of new/digital technology on new business models, with an emphasis on early stage start-ups and attracting funding. The primary business focus of the conference is to bring together entrepreneurs, experienced business people and investors for a robust and educational session on business formation and growth. The conference will facilitate the development of ongoing and profitable business relationships between these two important partners in business development. By day, 200 speakers and delegates from Athens, the surrounding region, nationally and internationally will attend the conference to network and form business partnerships. By night, select venues in Downtown Athens will host the best emerging music artists from the region as well as national and international acts to an audience of 2,000 fans.
Sound City is looking for a Project Manager to work closely with the Sound City team in the UK, plus stakeholders in Athens to manage the design, marketing, promotion and delivery of Athens Sound City ‘on the ground’ in Athens.
Reporting to the CEO and COO, Project Manager will:
- Work closely with the Sound City team based in the UK to ensure that all expectations and obligations for all partners, stakeholders and clients (both public and commercial) are met in the delivery of Athens Sound City
- Design and deliver a commercially led festival events programme using local knowledge of venues and programming to make Athens Sound City impactful and unforgettable
- Manage and adhere to event budgets, and obtain best prices for all services
- Recruit and manage local PR and marketing teams, local crews, suppliers and volunteers
- Work directly with FourAthens on implementation of the Conference. This will include direct liaison with the UGA to organize Roundtable facilitators
- Liaise with conference and festival venues on all aspects of event delivery
- Work with Sound City’s designer and Sound City UK team to create all physical publicity and event branding materials including sourcing print and distribution
- To manage every event from inception through to delivery ensuring that all relevant departments are involved and that every event is delivered to the agreed deadline and runs smoothly
- Report to local funders and stakeholders when required
- Working closely with Sound City Sponsorship Manager to fulfil the delivery of all sponsorship and funding requirements from start to finish
- Evaluate post event with market research and questionnaires to all stakeholders, partners and customers
- Ensure that all events comply with local health and safety policies, undertaking risk assessments where required
- Experience of running conference and festival events – experience of working in the tech and digital markets is desirable
- Project and people management
- Extremely adept at working with external partners – local companies, fulfilment partners (e.g. printers), event companies, suppliers
- Project management – able to bring resources together to achieve a common goal in an effective way
- IT Skills – Competent with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word
- Results focus – a true passion to deliver outstanding results with excellent attention to detail
All applications must include full CV and any support documents to qualify you for the above position.
Please email application to email@example.com
Closing date: October 19, 2012