ATHENS CLARKE COUNTY POLICE DEPARTMENT MEDIA RELEASE
Saturday, March 22
Sent at 9:45 am
- The Athens Clarke County Police Department is investigating a shooting incident that occurred overnight in east Athens-Clarke County. A victim showed up at ARMC with a gunshot wound and is being treated. Due to the ongoing nature of the investigation no further information is being released at this time.
- Carla Johnson of Coleridge Ct was arrested and charged with Aggravated Assault (DV) on 3/22/14. The incident started when she got involved in an argument with a man about child custody. He said Johnson threatened to cut him with a steak knife.
- John Lockhart of The Plaza was arrested and charged with Aggravated Assault and Battery (both DV related) after being involved in a physical altercation with a woman, who stated that Lockhart did not want her to leave and they had a fight. During the struggle Lockhart choked her to the point she felt she would pass out and also threatened to shoot her and then shoot himself.
- Shane Blocker, an employee with Athens Clarke County reported the theft of a Stihl Saw valued at $1300. The saw was taken from the Spring Valley Rd warehouse between 3/17/14 and 3/21/14.
- A resident of Robert Hardeman Rd said someone stole welding equipment valued at $1750 from his Residence between 1000 and 1100 on 3/21/14. A suspect has been named.
- A resident of Coleridge Ct reported her 1998 Mitsubishi Mirage was stolen from her residence on 3/21/14. The stolen vehicle was recovered on Carriage Ct after being involved in a 1 car accident. A suspect was listed in the report.