ATHENS CLARKE COUNTY POLICE DEPARTMENT
Saturday April 5, 2014
Prepared by LT P Whitmore
- An Athens woman reported that she was robbed while at the Stop and Shop 645 Danielsville Rd. She was sitting in her car looking for her debit card when the suspects approached and snatched her pocketbook. She believes the suspects left in a silver PT Cruiser.
- A resident on Dupree Ct said a suspect forcibly snatched her gold necklace while she was leaving Bootleggers on Commerce Rd. The suspect was described as a b/m wearing a black hoodie and khaki cargo shorts. She said the suspect ran up Commerce Rd towards Pinefield Ct.
- A Cannon, Ga., man said that on April 5 between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m. he was leaving downtown Athens. He said he was pushed into an alley way downtown by a w/m suspect, and as he was on the ground he felt someone reach into his back pocket and take his wallet. He described the suspects as; w/m around 20 years old with a goatee and mustache wearing a light blue t shirt with writing on it, b/m 40 to 50 years old wearing a red Georgia Sweatshirt, and b/m 18-20 years old wearing a black T-shirt.
- Burglary was reported at a Cedar Shoals Dr Residence. The incident April 5. Nothing was reported missing from the residence.
- The office of Highland Greens MHP, 950 Danielsville Rd, was broken into between 8 and 10 p.m. on April 4. Several checks were taken.
- An officer approached an individual on E Carver Dr that the officer thought was involved in a previous domestic situation. When the officer identified the suspect the officer learned that the suspect had active felony warrants. The suspect struck the officer and tried to runaway but was detained after falling. When the suspect was finally detained officers found that the suspect had dropped a loaded semi auto pistol. The suspect, Kertez Jamaal Fowler of Cone Dr was charged with Carrying a Concealed Weapon, Possession of a Fire Arm by a convicted Felon, Obstruction and Criminal Trespass.
- A 2009 Nissan Cube was entered between 11 p.m. on April 3 and 6 a.m. on April 4. The incident occurred on Dekle Dr. A cell phone, Back pack and other miscellaneous items valued at $300 were taken.
- An employee at University Tire, 1170 Mitchell Bridge Rd, reported four customer vehicles were entered between 5:30 p.m. on April 3 and 7:30 a.m. on April 4. A car stereo, unknown brand model, was taken.
- Also reported during this time period, suspects also stole several scrap radiators, wheels and tires valued at $435.