ATHENS-CLARKE COUNTY POLICE DEPARTMENT
April 2, 2014
Prepared by Hilda Sorrow
- Between 8 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. on April 1 an attempt was made to burglarized a Chalfont Lane residence.
- A Hickman Drive residence was burglarized between October 2013 and 11 p.m. March 29. A DVD player valued at $56 was stolen. This was reported on April 1.
- A McKinley Drive residence was burglarized between 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. April 1. Jewelry, a pocketknife, and a bottle of cognac with a total value of $2,590 were stolen.
- Due to a number of tenants intentionally trying to force open an entrance gate at Bethel Midtown Village, 105 Hickman Dr, it was pushed down and broken. Repairs were estimated at $2,100. One possible suspect was identified. This occurred between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. April 1.
- A man, no address listed, reported a book bag, laptop, prescription meds, keys, and wallet with contents stolen from a friend’s vehicle (no information listed) while it was parked in the 300 block of N Hull Street. The items were valued at $1,645. This occurred between 12:30 a.m. and 2 a.m. April 1.
- A vehicle owned by JW York Properties of Athens was entered between 7 p.m. March 31 and 7 a.m. April 1 while parked at a construction site on Old Jefferson Road. An air compressor, nail guns, post hole digger, saws, and drill were stolen. The total value was $2,245.