This Friday, from 7 to 9pm, there’s going to be a “Not So Silent Night” auction at ATHICA. This fun-filled event supports Clarke Central’s award-winning Odyssey News Magazine and Iliad Literary Journal.
This annual event is the major fundraiser for the two publications. Money raised by the $10 admission ticket and the sale of items during a silent auction helps cover the cost of traveling to conferences and entering contests. There will be live music and other entertainment, as well as food provided by various Athens restaurants.
Here are some of the 150 items that will be auctioned:
• Gift certificates and packages from The Last Resort, Heirloom Café, Depalma’s, Farm 255, Ted's Most Best and The Grit.
• Ceramics from Ted Saupe, Ron Myers, Geoff Pickett, R. Wood, Maria Dondero and Sunkoo Yu.
• Artwork by Margie Spalding, Greg Benson, Norm and Charlene Olsen, Rich Panico, Chatham Murray, Mark Steinmetz, Mary Engel, and Jim Ponsoldt.
• Jewelry and gift items from Aurum Studios, Heery’s, Aurum Art and Jewelry and JWR Jewelers.
• Music memorabilia from R.E.M., Widespread Panic, and Of Montreal.
• You can also bid on a night at The Melting Point, spa and salon services from several Athens salons, a cabin in the mountains for a weekend, Cine membership for two, and even a DJ stint on WUOG.