Amici Italian Cafe
Amici Italian Cafe has a welcoming staff that serves up satisfying Italian and American comfort food like pizzas, pastas, sandwiches and buffalo wings. It has a variety of beers on tap, including the Athens-based Terrapin, New Belgium and Blue Moon.
There is a college-friendly atmosphere with trivia on Sundays and a happy hour from 3pm to 7pm that offers premium draught beers and well drinks for $3. Families are welcome and the restaurant offers a children's menu and a model train that travels near the ceiling in the dining area, which also features monthly art installations from local artists.
- Fax: (706)353-0016
- Hours: Restaurant: Mon - Thu,11am - 10pm; Fri, Sat, 11am - 11pm; Sun, noon to 10pm. Bar: Fri, Sat, open until 2am
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance is level to the street.
- Founding Date: 2004
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Pizzas, pastas, sandwiches, chicken wings
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Delivery, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.amici-cafe.com/Menus.htm
- Specialties: Hand-tossed pizza with dough made fresh daily and chicken wings
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: Co-owner Barry Westbrook says the diversity and culture of Athens is what makes it great.
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Pizza, Sandwiches
- Signature dishes: The hand-tossed pizza from fresh daily dough
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: The pizza
- Features: Dinner, Kids' Menu, Lunch
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fun, Late-night