Georgia Museum of Art
The Georgia Museum of Art is a non-profit art museum that is a part of the University of Georgia. The museum's permanent collection features many paintings, drawings and decorative items, specifically a collection of American paintings from the 19th and 20th centuries, American, European and Asian prints and drawings on paper from the 16th through 20th century, Southern decorative arts, Asian art and Italian Renaissance paintings. In addition to the permanent collection, the museum exhibits traveling works of art. It also offers kids programs and tours that are tailored to meet the specific interests of each group, as well as a museum shop that sells books, posters, stationery, jewelry, home decor, music, clothing and games. The museum is available to rent for special events and private parties.
- Hours: First floor: Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat, 10am - 5pm; Thu, 10am - 9pm; Sun, 1pm - 5pm; Mon, closed. Gallery: Wed, Fri, Sat, noon - 5pm; Thu, noon - 9pm; Sun, 1pm - 5pm; Mon, Tue, classes by appointment.
- Handicap Accessible: The museum is fully handicapped accessible; wheelchairs are available.
- Founding Date: 1948
- Ticket information: Admission is free, but a $3 donation is suggested.
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: Yes
- Coat/bag check: Yes
- Parking: Free lot, Paid lot
- Guided tours?: Yes
- Guided tour languages: English
- Gift shop: Yes
- Gift shop hours: Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat, 10am - 5pm; Thu, 10am - 9pm; Sun, 1pm - 5pm; Mon, closed
- Membership levels: Family, Individual